Fredskorpset South – South Exchange Programme 2010/2011
Transparency International Sri Lanka (www.archive.tisrilanka.org) is calling for applications for the Fredskorpset South – South exchange programme 2011/2012. The exchange fellow (Research & Advocacy) will be placed in Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) for 10 months starting from 26th July 2011. The fellowship is open to TISL staff and others working for Civil Society Organizations working on anti-corruption and enhancing integrity in governance (ACI).
Tasks and activities to be performed by the Fellow:
– Gain a good knowledge on how TIB identifies and prioritize focus areas in research
– Learn research methodology techniques, processes and acquire knowledge on research tools relevant to integrity & anti-corruption (IAC) work that TIB would expose the participant to.
– Contribute to TIB research activities from his/her experience and knowledge in activities such as designing research, training enumerators, data analysis, report writing and advocacy
Advocacy and Communication
– Gain sound knowledge on how TIB advocacy priorities (advocacy assessments), campaign designs including the use of creative advocacy tools
– Assist preparing advocacy material such as electronic bulletins, press releases and policy papers and audio-visual material
– Assist organizing various communication and outreach & advocacy programmes
Expected Learning Outcomes
– Comprehensive research skills including prioritizing research areas, methodologies conducting research and analytical report writing
– Effective communication skills and tools in anti corruption advocacy work
– Gain experience in working with multiple stakeholders
– Improve healthy work attitudes to work in demanding environments.
The participant will follow a three week training programme prior to placement with TIB. The training will start on July 09th 2011 in Bangkok, Thailand. The scholarship includes the salary/contract payment for the period of the placement paid in Sri Lanka after deduction of statutory payments, a living and housing and local travelling allowance and medical insurance. Expenses relating to all international travel will be borne through the scholarship. All payments would be done in accordance with the tax law applicable in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The participant is expected to maintain a reflective learning journal. , Quarterly reports on the progress and a comprehensive report at the end of the training on the Fellowship experience must be submitted following the outline provided.
Follow up work:
Taking part in the final debriefing session in Bangkok, Thailand
After returning to Sri Lanka the Fellow will;
i. Engage in supporting TISL program of work for a period of 1 year.
ii. Make a presentation/seminar on the exchange experience to the TISL staff and other relevant stakeholders.
iii. Review the TISL work plan and suggest improvements and interventions based on her/his experience in Bangladesh
The selected fellow will come to a formal agreement/contract with TISL and Fredskorpset-Norway.
1. Citizen of Sri Lanka
2. At least 2 years working experience with TISL or other similar organization working on anti-corruption and or good governance project / program planning / implementation
3. Masters degree in any field of social sciences or a basic degree with two years experience in research/ teaching/ advocacy and communication.
4. Fluent in English (especially excellent writing skills)
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a multi cultural working environment
6. Computer literate
7. Age: Not more than 40 years on 31st May 2011
Handover or email (i) completed application form (ii) updated curriculum vitae with contact information of two referees.
Transparency International Sri Lanka, # 6, 37th Lane, Queens Road, Colombo 3 (Write FK Fellowship 2011-2012 on left upper corner of the envelope)
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Eamil Subject should be ‘FK Fellowship 2011-2012’)
Last day to receive applications: 23rd May 2011
Short listed Interviews: 4th week of May 2011.
Short listed Applicants will be informed by 27th May 2011
All applications will be acknowledged via phone / email .
TISL will ensure that all applicants are kept in strictest confidence.
No comment yet.